Tuesday 1 May 2007

Day 120


My grandmother will turn 95 in a few months. She is without a doubt one of my all time favourite people. She is strong, loving, compassionate, funny, supportive, devoted, warm and kind. And I could go on and on in praise of this very special person. My Nan has always been there for me and I know she has made my world a better place.

This is a photo of my Nan ~ Elda Gertrude ~ and was taken, I'm guessing, in about 1913 or 14. She is here with her big sister.

Now this is one of the reasons I love photography so much. I can only hope that someone will look back at one of my photos in 93 years and have a reason to smile.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that such a wonderful memory. I wish your grandmother a fantastic day.

    Thanks you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for sharing your grandmother with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me smile HUGE :) Lovely photo, and the sentiment is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete